- The first generations computers used Vacuum Tube or Diode Valve.
- The first generations computers works on the machine language i.e. all working is done with 0 and 1.
- The first generation computers used magnetic drums or punch card for storage the data.
- The first generation computers is too large in size so too difficult to transport for one palace to another.
- The first generation computers consumes too much electricity.
- Example of first generation computers: UNIVAC, ENIAC
First Computer Generation
The first computer comes since 1946 named ENIAC. ENIAC stand for Electronic Numerical Integrator And Calculator. ENIAC invented by J.P.Eckert and J.W.Mauchiy. The characteristic of first computer generation is as following: