This generation computers are more advanced to other its previous generation computers.
The scientist Ted Haff makes the first microprocessor of the world in 1971.
The main characteristics of fourth generation computers is as following:
- This generation computers used the microprocessor.
- This generation computer used many type high level language like as BASIC, COBOL, PASCAL etc.
- The storage capacity is too much of these generation computers.
- The processing speed is too fast compared to previous generation computers. These computers speed counting in microsecond, nanosecond and picosecond and corresponding lower unit.
- These computer size is small and easy to operator and carry, hence this generation computers are too much famous.
- Example of fourth generation computers: IBM-PC, ZX-SPECTRUM etc.