Integrated Circuit is a powerful electronic thing that was makes to merging of many transistor.
The main characteristic of third generation computers as following:
- The third Generation computer used IC that was more powerful to transistor.
- The third Generation computer uses High Level Language (HLL).The first High Level Language is FORTRAN.
- First time, the third Generation computers are used the internal memory for storage the data.
- This generation computers are small, easy to operator, easy to carry and processing speed is more comparison to second generation computer.
- Example of third Generation computers: PDP series's computer, CDC-1700